Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Concrete jungle

As I hit the atmosphere my mind is full of emotions, as my ship drops faster and faster I feel like I'm in a washing machine being thrown around,I feel the heat come closer like I'm heading for the sun. My parachute flys out and I start to slow down and catch my breath again.

I step on to land and feel the soft dirt in-between my toes, I gaze across the deserted jungle and smell the intense smoke and gas. It was quiet like a sleeping panda, nature had taken over.

The pain in my heart makes me depressed every time I think about it,I feel the loneliness around me. The cold breeze crossed my face as I walk towards my ship for supplies, something to eat or drink I think to myself as I gaze towards the jungle I feel cold and lonely thinking is this the way of life.

For a moment I smell the sweet scent of flowers, the sound of birds chirping as a tear trickled down my face. I had been in a spaceship for 65 years orbiting space and I finally came back to earth and it was a wasteland, polluted waters and buildings turned to rubble. Its not a planet, it's our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment