Monday, November 24, 2014

Hiwi the kiwi

Ten am in the morning,the great time to fish with the boys. The tide was low, the sky was clear. I call up the boys to meet at the wharf at eleven thirty.

I grab my jacket, boots, my hunting and fishing rod, and the chili bin. I hook up the speedboat to the trailer. Final check ups with the guys, then I'm off. About a 10min drive from the man cave, I stopped  by the gas station, to pick some ice and beers for the chili bin. I spot the wharf in the distance I smell the fresh fish and salt. I park the car onto the bay. We pull ourselves into the speedboat. No I forgot the most important thing before going into the sea!! THE BAIT.

We drove further and further into the ocean, we find a nice spot near the bay of islands. I hook up my rod and cast it out as far as I can. I feel a strong powerful breeze hit me. I gaze at the dark grey clouds far in the distance, I hear a roaring thunder; waves crash into the speed boat. A few hours ago the sky was clear, waves were calm.

The speedboat swayed and rocked as waves hammered  against the boat,over and over. I got dizzy and felt sick, I caught a glimpse of a life jacket. I tried to crawl towards it, but the speedboat finally gave up and tipped everyone overboard. I felt the cold waves surround me, I tried to swim to the closest Island but waves kept crashing me back under the surface. I couldn't breathe, swallowing too much water. This was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment